Saturday, March 3, 2012

Another Rush Limbaugh Blunder

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/02/rush-limbaugh-sleep-train-sandra-fluke-slut_n_1315900.html
As many of you probably have heard, Rush Limbaugh recently called Sandra Fluke a "slut" for wanting to speak in favor of birth control at a Congressional hearing.  I find this not only outrageous, but personally offensive.  It has been shown that out of all of the women from the ages of 15-44 who are sexually active, approximately 99% of them have used some sort of contraceptive method.   Currently, 62% of ALL women in the same age range use a contraceptive method.
So, not only should I be offended, but so should most of the women in America.  I was extremely happy to hear that some of his advertisers had pulled their commercials, but is this what it takes?  It takes Rush Limbaugh calling a woman a slut?  What about all of the other ludicrous things he has spoken of?  Like when he claimed that volcanoes are more to blame for the depletion of the ozone than humans are? Or when he said, "The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there.  Its natural.  It's as natural as the ocean water is."--Talking about the BP oil spill.  He needs to be held accountable for every mistake he makes because people listen to him and worst of all, they believe him.

Just in case any of you want to sign the petition telling his advertisers to stop supporting him...I signed it with pleasure!
http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/ads_limbaugh/?rc=LA_Rush_03022012_ad2

4 comments:

  1. Check my posted comment on this in today's paper. Just go to the article, click on comments, and click on NYT Picks. Feel free to click recommend if you agree with my take. Otherwise, let me know you caught the two typos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did catch them! I tried to recommend it but I have to have an account and I don't remember my password. I did share it on my Facebook account though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/02/santorum-calls-limbaugh-comments-absurd/?hpt=hp_bn3

    The good news is that a number of people share Elise's opinion. Santorum called Limbaugh's comments absurd and after receiving a letter from House Democrats urging him to condemn the statements, John Boehner said they were inappropriate. The letter had been signed by 80 individuals Friday afternoon.

    I'm just wondering if Mr. Boehner would have voiced this opinion without being prompted and it would be interesting to know how many of the 80 signatures came from each party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I highly doubt that Mr. Boehner would have said anything about this unless he felt extreme pressure to do so. You could just tell when he said that the remarks were "inappropriate" that it really killed him to comment. Also, Mitt Romney's remarks were ridiculous as well. Mitt Romney stated that Limbaugh's remarks should have been worded differently. What?! Worded differently? How many ways are there to call someone a prostitute and a slut?

    ReplyDelete