Monday, March 12, 2012

It's the Men's Turn

http://current.com/community/93693946_ohio-senate-bill-offers-male-lawmakers-a-taste-of-their-own-medicine.htm

Even though it is seen as a bit of a joke, here is the bill proposed by Ohio Senator Nina Turner that would require men to seek psychological help and jump through other hoops before they would be written a prescription for Viagara.  She believes that it is time to turn the table on the men in this country who think it is up to the government to decide what is best for our reproductive health.  I agree with her.  According to Jansing & Co. there have been about 242 bills that restricting women's rights to reproductive health decisions recently.  When they say that there is a "War on Women" this election year I believe them.

2 comments:

  1. I have to agree with Elise on this. After taking a class that deals with gender differences, it is clear to me that in almost every facet of life, women are segregated against by men. This is especially true in professional fields, such as ones that politicians usually hold, and politicians themselves. While I think that the bill is not acceptable (it's not okay to make women equal by bringing men down), it does prove a point that women are segregated against in our legislature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an interesting way to bring inequality to light. I do feel there is war on women in this election. However, I hope this bill doesn't actually get passed. Men and women's rights should be protected and not played with.

    ReplyDelete